Sunday started with the shock of finding out the Greenock Art Club studio had been gutted by fire overnight. The building means a lot to my fellow club members and though I don’t use the studio space myself, I realise it’s importance to the other artists. Sadly, there were a number of pieces of artwork destroyed by the fire but thankfully no one was hurt.
Things look a little bleak for the building at the moment but I have no doubt the club will continue to thrive.
Our next exhibition is at the end of September and I’m sure our focus will remain on that and getting the studio space up and running again.